A RAPIST who molested a Wee County mother and her underage daughter on the same day has been jailed.

Sex predator Edward Hunter had been staying over at the women's address in Sauchie on January 8 this year when he woke her up by touching her sexually.

However after being pushed away, the vile pervert then turned his attention to the teenage girl in the early hours of the morning.

He put his hand down her pyjama bottoms as she sat in the living room and pressed a bottle of water against the girl's private parts.

The teenager told the High Court in Edinburgh that Hunter said that he had "tried it on with her mum" but she had told him to "f*** off".

After the mother found out about the child abuse, she confronted Hunter and said: “How could you touch the bairn?”

Hunter, 42, of Carronshore, had been freed on bail just months earlier by a sheriff in Stirling, have been charged with serious charges against other victims.

He denied a string of charges during a trial but last week was found guilty of ten offences of rape, sexual assault, indecency and assault, committed against four victims between 2003 and this year, by a jury.

Hunter told jurors: “I never touched any of them. I am not that sort of person. I don’t agree with it. It’s disgusting.”

One woman was assaulted and raped by Hunter at her home in a small Stirlingshire village and he also targeted a child relative of the victim from the age of 12 for sexual abuse and rape from the age of 13.

The child victim, who is now aged 22, said she had been sleeping at the house when Hunter came in and began touching her legs and buttocks.

She added: “I didn’t tell anybody else. When I was younger something like this had happened and nobody had believed me.”

The women continued: “On other occasions he would touch me on my clothes and under my clothes. If I was pretending to be asleep I would roll or move away.”

“I told him to stop a few times. I don’t know how many. One time he was saying it wouldn’t hurt. Another time he was telling me not to tell anybody,” she told the court.

“As time went on he would lead me down to the living room. He put me on the sofa and had sex with me,” the tearful woman said.

She added: “He said it wouldn’t hurt.” She said she believed it had happened to her more than four times.

Advocate depute Kath Harper asked the woman if Hunter had asked her if she wanted to have sex and she replied: “No”.

The prosecutor asked if he had given her any choice and she said: “No.”

The woman said she later visited her relative who had been raped by Hunter and the older woman had mentioned that he had been accused of sexual assault.

She said: “I had said that I knew about the things she was saying. I guess I knew because it happened to me. She asked me more questions.”

“We both got quite upset and I went to the bathroom and when I came back she told me she had been in the garden and she had phoned the police and they were on their way to talk to me,” she said.

Defence Lorraine Glancy said after the jury verdict: “Standing the serious nature of the charges the accused has now been convicted of a custodial sentence is inevitable.”

The judge, Lord Boyd of Duncansby, deferred sentence on Hunter for the preparation of a background report.

Hunter, who was on bail throughout the trial, was remanded in custody and was placed on the sex offenders’ register.